We love Bluetooth devices, but we love photography too. The Satechi’s Bluetooth Smart Trigger controls wirelessly a variety of Canon DSLRs cameras when attached the its hot shoe, giving to users a complete control over the shutter.
The Smart Trigger links to the cameras via USB, and sits in the hot shoe support usually reserved for other components, like flashes and mics. It communicates with the iPhone via Bluetooth 4.0, using a low energy consumption dongle which can gave an autonomy of up to ten years in battery life, with an approximated range of 50 feet. The trigger application (that can be found here) works with iPhone and iPad, and features both a standard shooting mode, in addition to manual shooting mode, which enables long exposures, or Time Shot.
The Satechi Bluetooth 4.0 Smart Trigger is already being shipped by Amazon.com.
- Bluetooth 4.0 with BLE for the best wireless connection
- Small, portable unit ensures minimum clutter
- iOS app lets you control your DSLR camera right from your iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 3, or iPad Mini
- Three shooting modes enable control of your photography with a variety of techniques
- Easily take group shots or perform photographic techniques like star trails and light painting.
Short Name Satechi Bluetooth Smart Trigger (A) (Canon) SKU B00ANWQMWK UPC 879961003043 Warranty 1 Year Connectivity No Compatibility iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, iPad 3 for Canon EOS-1V/1VHS, EOS-3, EOS-D2000, D30, D60, 1D, 1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II,III,IV, EOS-1Ds Mark II,III, EOS-10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 5D, 5D Mark II,III, 7D Product Dimensions 7 x 3.5 x 1.5 Product Weight 5oz
You also can watch the short video below that explains how it works.